With the busy holiday season upon us, there’s always so much to do! Decorating, baking, work events, parties to attend, shopping and wrapping gifts are just some of the items on our already full ‘to do’ list.
One of the hardest things is finding gifts that our friends and family will adore, especially those who are infamously hard to shop for. The good news is that we’ve scouted out some great gift ideas for home owners, homebodies, and home décor enthusiasts that aren’t just trending, but are also fun and practical. Let’s have a look at gift ideas that we think are going to be big hits under the tree this Christmas:
- Weighted blankets – for that tossy, turny sleeper.
- Letter board – move over chalk boards! Letter boards with moveable letters and numbers are great for posting family reminders, cute quotes and grocery lists.
- Instant pot – these ‘supercookers’ are taking over kitchens everywhere! Whether you’re gifting it to a foodie, student, or an on-the-go busy mom, it will be well-loved.
- Glass terrarium – for succulents, candles, shell collections…or even sparkly lights.
- Gurgle pot – these gorgeous fish-shaped water jugs will get big smiles – they gurgle and glug each time you pour.
- Textured, plush pillows – from wool to gingham and cashmere, there are plenty of chic options.
- Whisky set – Ever since Mad Men, the whisky decanter and matching glasses have seen a massive resurgence. Throw in a bottle of whisky too!
- Soy candles – they make any room smell good and are cleaner for the air!
- Stylish boot brush – winters in this region mean snow and salt can and WILL be tracked indoors, so brush it off with style.
- Wireless charging dock – no one likes to look at or deal with all those cords; keep it sleek and elegant with a handy dock.
- A herb garden starter kit for the kitchen – for the foodie who needs their fresh thyme, basil or rosemary in a hurry.
- Throw blanket – faux fur is big this year, as is the good, old-fashioned plaid wool blanket or cozy chenille.
- Antiques – brass continues to be a décor must-have, so why not head to a local antique store and see what they have, such as a mid-century bar cart, planter, tray or candle holder.
- Festive tea towels or cocktail napkins – perfect for a hostess gift!
The best news is that most of these gifts can be found right here in local shops around Collingwood, The Blue Mountains, Wasaga Beach, Meaford and Grey County, so you don’t have to travel far and wide. You’ll have your shopping done in no time, leaving you extra time to enjoy this festive season and everything it brings. We certainly love living and working in this region; if you don’t already live here, be sure to connect with the experienced, local Realtors® at Clairwood Real Estate. Call us today at 705-445-7085 to get started; we’re here for all your real estate needs.